M has left the nest and went on a work trip to Seattle. Munchkin and I are starting our trip tomorrow. We are visiting our friend B in Rome and I’m so excited. She’s finally meeting our boy and I’ve missed her and to have this precious time with my little monkey is just so awesome.
The last two weeks have been filled with a lot of activities, so we were all pretty busy. We are experiencing a blast of fall. It’s dry, sometimes even too warm for November and we have beautiful sunsets and sunrises. We hope for some snow from December on though.
Munchkin walks Ecky
It’s not always easy for Ecky…sometimes the leash can be quite short..
Halloween was fun. We dressed our two boys, Ecky as a bee and Theo as a lion, up. The neighbors had a good time laughing and some even took pictures of our duo. M had carved another pumpkin, a mummy which I really liked.
Our little bee
Last weekend then our munchkin had a play date with a girl from the baby group. We’d invited her and her parents over for brunch. The two little munchkins communicated from one end of the table to the other one and Theo looked every now and then up to see what was going on on the other end… We prepared blueberry multigrain pancakes which both the little ones and the grown ups liked.
Yesterday then I changed our office into Theo’s room. I was mostly done and had emptied the office when he woke up from his nap. So he helped me mopping the floor and was pretty excited when he figured out that the room is his from now on. He sleeps much better there. Today then we got a new rug and a few other things from IKEA.
Here the recipe for the blueberry multigrain pancakes which are prepared in zero.nothing. Perfect when you have forgotten to bake or buy bread for the Sunday breakfast.
Blueberry multigrain pancakes adapted from Smittenkitchen (for 3 portions)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rye flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1tbsp + 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1 1/2cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Whisk together: eggs, yoghurt, milk, lemon zest, vanilla and salt. Then add the butter and whisk in.
- Mix the flours, baking powder and coconut sugar in a separate bowl and fold into the wet ingredients. Add the blueberries and mix them well into the batter.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan. Place small amounts, 2 tbsp, of batter into the frying pan and fry on medium heat until nicely browned on both sides, flip once.
- Keep the fried pancakes on a plate in the oven at 65C warm until all the pancakes are ready.
- Serve with jam, maple syrup or whatever you like.
M took those wraps, filled with lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, smoked salmon, cream cheese, bell pepper, with him as a snack. In addition to some cookies of course.
One of those here are flying with us tomorrow to Italy as a little surprise.
Somebody sleepy… Have a good week!