And off we go or better bike…


And off we go or better bike…

After Ecky had gotten so sudden the paralyzed hind legs, two vets had recommended to euthanize him. Only the third one was hopeful that he might recover and that as long as he’s a happy camper he wouldn’t allow to put him asleep. Since then he’s going to our awesome physical therapist once a week. He goes on the water treadmill or even swims in the pool and some exercises are done. In addition we train with him every day and he’s improved heaps. He can move his hind legs again, he has full control over his bladder and he just loves to go for walks with our little helper (the towel with two holes for his legs).

We couldn’t be happier with the progress he has already made but we are sure more is to come. 🙂

This week and next week the kindergarten is closed and M and I have a little assistant at the office. Right, our munchkin is taking turns in helping us with our work tasks. Co-workers stop by and entertain him or he visits the company refrigerator to get some more “Kese” and the next demand is then “mer” with a big smile and rolling eyes… I can’t resist and of course he gets more.

IMG_2669 IMG_2659

On Friday though he went with his pappa on a big adventure to Sweden to pick up the brand new Burley which we had ordered from Germany. First they went all the way to Järpen where a box with dog food was waiting to be picked up, after that they made stop in Åre for some shopping, running around and snacking at the lovely bakery there before they made it finally to Storlien where they received the gigantic box (at least when your car is an A2 and your space is limited). On the rest of the way home they stopped several times to look at waterfalls or the nature. Both enjoyed the day and it ended with 2 co-workers of mine coming for dinner to our place.

IMG_2719 IMG_2716

Those two guys are as funny as can be. M made pizza, one simple Margarita and the other one with pesto genovese, Chèvre cheese and pieces of fresh tomato. Both were delish! After that we had some cheese and then some strawberry sorbet. What a night. We laughed a lot and at least M and I went with a smile about a nice day to bed.

Pizza with Pesto Genovese, Chèvre cheese and tomato


Strawberry sorbet in the making and




Today then we finally made it downtown to have a look at the newly opened Mathallen here in Trondheim, a place where you can buy local food, produce, taste local beer, eat at a restaurant and have a coffee at the coffee bar. The press has written about it, the opinions are split and the shop itself is packed. Every Trønder had expected it to be a bigger place where you actually find more than at other shops but so far that’s not the case. The interior is great but the choices are tiny and the staff is kind of slow. We loved the coffee and the waffle was good, but well, I guess it needs some time to find its fitting niche.


And the new trailer worked just perfect.


Just now popped a bread, the Swede, out of the oven and the next weeks breakfasts are safe.


The Swede (enough for two small loafs) adapted from Morten Schakenda

  • 50gr rye sourdough
  • 125gr coarse rye wholemeal flour,
  • 100gr fine rye wholemeal flour
  • 500ml lukewarm water

Mix those ingredients in a bowl, cover with cling film and let it sit for about 4 hours at a neither too warm nor too cool place. After this time the sourdough should have enough nimbus to lighten the loafs.

  • 560gr coarse spelt or wholewheat flour
  • 250gr coarse rye wholemeal flour
  • 125gr fine rye wholemeal flour
  • 25gr salt
  • ca 500ml lukewarm water
  • Mix all ingredients (add as much water as needed, start with 3/4 of the amount)  and the sourdough in a big bowl for about 10min. Cover with cling film and let rest for about 1 hour.
  • Grease two small or one big loaf pan/s and fill the dough into your pan/s. Cover with cling film and let it rise for another hour.
  • Preheat the oven to 250C (500F), adjust the baking rack to the lower position.
  • Bake your bread for the first 30min at 250C (500F) before you lower the temperature to 200C (400F) and 20min. Check the core temperature, when it registers 97C the bread is done (or when you knock against the bottom and you hear a hollow sound, the bread is done) .
  • Let cool for 10min in the pan before taking them out. Let cool down completely on a cooling rack. The bread tastes best the next day.

If you bake one big loaf of bread it’s going to need longer to bake than two small ones.

For the coming week nothing special is planned but I’m sure something is going to happen. If the weather should be good enough, M and munchkin might go on another road trip.

Have a great time!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s